QUIDSI LOOKS TO REVOLUTIONIZE THE WAY PARENTS SHOP WITH INTRODUCTION OF TWO NEW KIDS SITES
New Sites AfterSchool.com and Bookworm.com Provide Parents With a One-Stop Online Shop for all Their Kids' Needs
JERSEY CITY, NJ (October 18, 2012) – Quidsi, Inc., owner and operator of e-commerce sites (Diapers.com, Soap.com, BeautyBar.com, Wag.com, YoYo.com, Casa.com and VineMarket.com), launched two new sites today in order to deepen the company's offering of children's merchandise and provide parents with a one-stop online shop for all their kids' needs, just in time for holiday season. Joining its flagship children's sites Diapers.com (baby) and YoYo.com (toys) are AfterSchool.com, Quidsi's first-ever, e-commerce destination dedicated to kids' sports & activities gear and Bookworm.com, a site dedicated to children's books for all ages and interests. The new sites further contribute to the company's desire to make life easier for parents by providing a trusted, superior online shopping experience complete with fast and free delivery (on qualified purchases), free returns, easy navigation tools and superb customer service.
"In talking to parents, we learned that they were frustrated about having to run around from store to store to get everything they need for their kids' sports and activities," said Marc Lore, CEO and co-founder of Quidsi. "We created AfterSchool.com to provide the all-in-one answer — one place dedicated to all of their kids' interests, from soccer to baseball to dance to art."
"Bookworm.com was created to provide an extensive, but curated shopping experience focused on children's books," adds Quidsi co-founder and COO, Vinit Bharara. "The site is dedicated to helping parents find the right books for every child, including personalized recommendations based on age and purchase history."
AfterSchool.com – Everything Kids Need to Get in the Game
AfterSchool.com is the ultimate destination for kids' sports and activities gear. The site features an unparalleled selection of youth products for just about anything kids do for fun, including team and individual sports, outdoor recreation, dance and arts & crafts. AfterSchool.com was specially designed with kids — and parents — in mind. The site's commitment to youth sizes and breadth of activities under one virtual roof ensure parents no longer need to trek to multiple stores to find everything on their list. And innovative shopping tools and expert guidance make it quick and easy to find just the right fit for your child's gear, footwear and apparel:
- Gear Finder: This handy tool makes shopping a snap. After a shopper selects key parameters — product type, age and gender — the Gear Finder delivers a curated, shop-able list of just the right items.
- Gear Checklists: These checklists showcase must-have gear for any activity, saving time and eliminating any guesswork.
- Gear Guides: These helpful guides quickly present exactly what parents need to know to find the right baseball bat, mitt, tennis racquet or other piece of equipment for their child.
Let the adventure begin with Bookworm.com
Bookworm.com is a children's bookstore that combines the magic of discovering new books with the innovation and convenience of an online destination, where moms can get personalized book recommendations based on their child's age and past purchase history. With its clean navigation and helpful, interactive features, Bookworm.com makes it easier than ever before to shop for award winners, best sellers and new and notable favorites. It's a site designed with parents in mind and features a curated shopping experience, where getting that essential recommendation from a trusted source happens without leaving your house. Useful tools help streamline the shopping experience:
- My Recommendations: Customers can easily discover something new with recommendations based on books previously purchased from Bookworm or Quidsi's family of sites (YoYo.com or Diapers.com).
- My Bookmarks: Allows users to tag books throughout the site that they want to save for later. It's an easy way for shoppers to come back to something they are interested in.
- Top Lists: Browse for titles organized by age to find just the right book.
As with all sites in the Quidsi family, both new sites were designed to simplify the life of today's busy parent by offering intuitive search and shopping tools that make items easy to sort by age and interest. Benefits of shopping Quidsi sites include:
- Fast 1-2 day free shipping on orders of $49 or more
- Free 365-day return policy for worry-free shopping
- One shared cart across sites for a convenient/streamlined shopping experience
- Free shipping at $49 includes cross-site shopping, making it easier to reach the minimum
About Quidsi, Inc.
Quidsi owns and operates Diapers.com (baby care), Soap.com (everyday essentials), BeautyBar.com (prestige beauty), Wag.com (pet supplies), YoYo.com (toys), Casa.com (home & houseware essentials), VineMarket.com (green goods), AfterSchool.com (kids gear) and Bookworm.com (children's books). The company's mission is to make life easier for consumers by creating a new type of e-commerce experience, delivering in 1 to 2 days and providing incredible customer service. Quidsi is redefining e-commerce by combining the focus and one-on-one connection of a specialty store with the scale, efficiency, choice, value and reliability of a national retailer.
CONTACT: Martha Cid