- Shipping & Delivery
- Refer-a-Friend Program
- Sales Tax
- Returns & Gift Receipts
- eCoupons & Promo Codes
- Gift Cards
- Using Your Account
- Privacy & Security
- Still Need Help?
Last Updated: March 8, 2013
- What Information Do We Collect About Our Customers?
- The information we learn from customers helps us enhance and personalize the Stores and the services we offer. We gather the following types of information:
- Information You Give Us. We receive and store any information you enter on our Stores or provide us in any other way (e.g., by telephone). This may include information you provide when you register as a member, engage in transactions, search, contact customer service, or participate in contests, promotions, surveys, forums, content submissions, chats, bulletin boards, discussion groups, requests for suggestions or other features or services offered by us. As a result, you may be supplying us with such information as your name, address and phone numbers; credit/debit card numbers, expiration date and other billing information; people to whom purchases will be shipped, including addresses and phone numbers; purchase history; and names and email addresses of friends, possible Refer-a-Friend customers and other people.
- Automatic Information. We automatically receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, as most websites do, we use "cookies" and other technologies to obtain certain types of information when your computer, mobile phone or other device (each, a "Device") accesses one of our Stores. This information is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis, and it may include the Website's Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") that you just came from, which URL you go to next, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol ("IP") address. Other examples of automatic information we may collect are purchase history, products viewed or searched for, visits to certain pages, page interaction information and the phone number you used to call any of our toll-free numbers. We associate the information we store in cookies with personally identifiable information you submit while on any of our Stores. During some visits, we may also collect technical information from your Device to help us identify your Device for fraud prevention purposes.
- Mobile Devices. If you use a mobile Device to access any of our Stores, we may collect certain information in addition to what we collect when you use other kinds of Devices to access our Stores. We may receive information about your location and your mobile Device, including a unique identifier for your Device, your mobile operating system and the type of mobile Internet browser that you use. We may at times use this information to provide you with location-based services and information, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile Devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. If you have questions about how to disable your Device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your Device manufacturer.
- Information Provided by Third Parties. We may obtain certain information about customers from third parties. This may include updated delivery or address information from carriers and information (including name and email addresses) of possible Refer-a-Friend customers from current customers.
- We use small text files called "cookies" that provide non-personally identifiable information to us regarding visitors to the Stores. In addition to the URL and IP addresses of our visitors, cookies may be used to gather the date and time of all visits to our Stores. We may also track the pages of our Stores that users viewed during their visit, or track search terms entered on our Stores by that visitor. This helps us keep track of the number of visitors to our Stores and allows us to gauge the areas that are of the most interest to our visitors.
- We also use Local Shared Objects (commonly known as Flash cookies) for fraud prevention and other purposes. Flash cookies are small data files that a website or App stores on your Device. These files may contain information about your online browsing activities and preferences.
- How Do We Use the Information We Collect and Do We Share the Information We Receive?
- Information about our customers is an important part of our business. We use information we collect from the Stores to communicate with you, to process your orders, to provide an enhanced and more personalized interactive shopping experience, to facilitate your transactions with our third party marketing partners and to inform you of offers and discounts. For example, you can expect to receive a welcoming email to confirm your username and password. Additionally, we communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request and to manage your account. We also send service-related announcements on occasions such as when we need to temporarily suspend a website, App or other service for maintenance. We also will send you promotional emails on occasion. Generally, you may not opt out of service-related communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to terminate your account. Your account is with Quidsi, the owner and operator of the Stores, and not with the individual Stores; and the information collected through the Stores is used by Quidsi for purposes of all of its Stores and other services. For example, if you shop at one of our Stores, you may receive promotional emails from other Stores of ours, or from our Familyhood.com domain name, which promotes use of all of our Stores and services. However, you can opt-out of direct promotional communications from each of the Stores by following the unsubscribe instructions within each communication from that Store or emailing us at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We share customer information with third parties only as follows:
Third Party Service Providers.
We may work closely with other businesses (that we don't own or control) that sell products or services on one or more of our Stores.
In some cases, these businesses may operate stores or websites that sell products or services to you directly. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. We share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Promotional Offers. We periodically provide our customers with information about third party products and services we believe will be of interest to you and with opportunities to participate in offers and/or promotions on behalf of other businesses. Your participation in these events may require us to share data with such a business. If you do not want to receive such information or offers, on behalf of third parties or otherwise, please opt-out during registration, email us later at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow the unsubscribe instructions within each communication.
- Other Third Parties/Select Partners. From time to time, we might establish a business relationship with other persons or entities whom we believe are trustworthy and whom we have asked to confirm that their privacy policies are substantially consistent with ours. These are known as our Select Partners. In such cases, we might share and cross-reference information, including personal information about you, that will enable such persons or entities to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you. We may also combine your personal information with publicly available information and information we receive from or cross-reference with our Select Partners and others. We use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you about our products and services that may be of interest to you and for further promotional purposes. If you do not want us to share information with Select Partners, please opt-out during registration, email us later at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow the unsubscribe instructions within each communication.
- Refer-A-Friend. If you choose to use our Refer-A-Friend service to tell a friend or someone else about our Stores, we will ask you for that person's name and email address. We will automatically send that person email sharing your Referral Code with him or her to use on the applicable Store(s). The person you referred may contact us at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database. In order for you to get credit for a Refer-A-Friend who joins one of our participating Stores, the person whom you share must enter your email address or a unique password that identifies you as the sharer. We send emails on your behalf to the person you've identified as a Refer-A-Friend. Also, if you were shared to the Stores by an existing member, that member may be notified each time your order qualifies him/her for a credit.
- Reviews/Share This/Testimonials. If you review a product on one of our Stores, your review may be posted on that Store and/or any of our other Stores, as well as on a partners' network site that shares reviews with other shopping communities. When you use "ShareThis" to post to social networking sites or to tell your friends about any of our Stores, the information is collected by a third party site to facilitate your postings. "ShareThis" allows you to enter your friend's email address and/or import email contacts from various email service providers. Once the email addresses are imported, you must manually click on each email address you wish to send a communication to. Please note that these third party sites' privacy policies govern the collection and use of the information collected on those sites. You should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit can be read, collected or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums. When seeking or receiving customer testimonials or feedback, we disclose that we may post their first name along with all or a portion of their testimonial on the Stores unless they inform us otherwise by following the instructions we provide.
- Merger/Sale. In the event that any of our Stores, all or substantially all of their respective assets, or a line of business of any of our Stores, is acquired, individually identifying information of our members may be one of the assets sold in connection with that transaction, without notice to you or your consent. We will notify users of the Stores of such a change in ownership or transfer of assets by posting a notice on the Stores. Notice: On April 1, 2011, Amazon.com, Inc., acquired Quidsi, Inc., which owns and operates the Stores.
- Bankruptcy. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred or used. Therefore, you should know that in such event, your personal information may be treated like any other asset of Quidsi, and sold, transferred or shared with third parties, or used in ways not contemplated or permitted hereunder, without notice to you or your consent.
- How Secure Is the Personal Information You Collect?
- We have taken precautions, including the deployment of technological resources and the use of firewalls, systems and procedures, to protect the security of your personal information. When you enter credit card information on our Stores, we may store it so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you order, but we encrypt it when storing. While no security system is absolutely foolproof, we are constantly reviewing, refining and upgrading our security technology to protect your privacy. When you open an account with one of our Stores, you are issued a password by which to access and secure your account and account information. Although we have taken these precautions, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password, which should not be disclosed by you. When using a shared Device, always be sure to sign off when finished.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to become a member of any of our Stores. We do not knowingly collect information from minors.
- Changing Your Personal Information
- You may review, change or correct your personally identifying information at any time by accessing your account information on the Stores or calling us at the contact information below. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy and completeness of your personal and other information, including your email address, and we urge you to review your information regularly to ensure that it is correct and complete.
- Conditions of Use, Notices and Revisions
- Contact Us
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy at Quidsi, please contact us at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 1-800-342-7377 (Diapers.com), 1-800-762-7123 (Soap.com), 1-866-746-7924 (Wag.com), 1-866-969-6123 (YoYo.com), 1-855-687-2272 (Casa.com), 1-888-202-8463 (Vine.com), 1-855-752-9321 (AfterSchool.com), 1-888-737-7323 (Bookworm.com), 1-855-355-5665 (Look.com) or 1-888-696-0423 (BeautyBar.com).